Forres GP Practices

Close this search box.

Ask for help online. It’s simple, secure, and quick.

Bruised/cracked Ribs

Who do I see?

Community Pharmacist / GP


Bruised or cracked ribs are common after a bad cough or a minor fall against the rib cage.

Pain relief advice is available from your community pharmacy.

For more severe cases which are causing you difficulty breathing, please submit an online medical consultation request for the Urgent Medical Problem Team giving us as much information about your problem as you can. You will get a same-day response usually by telephone or a time to attend the surgery for further assessment and examination.

Further information about broken or bruised ribs from NHS UK.

If you cannot use the online service please call us on 0345 337 1120 and a member of the care navigation team will help you.