Forres GP Practices

Close this search box.

Ask for help online. It’s simple, secure, and quick.

DWP: GP letters for PIP, ESA, UC, appeals…

Who do I see?

We are unable to provide letters of support


The DWP will usually contact your GP directly to obtain medical evidence when you submit a PIP, ESA or Universal Credit claim. NHS doctors have a contractual obligation to provide the information requested directly to the requesting government authority. The information that we provide is factual only and based on our records and our understanding of your problems. We are not able to make any recommendations as to whether your claim is justified.

We are therefore not in a position to provide additional letters of support.

We have provided some useful contacts shown below to help you:

Useful contacts

Moray Council Welfare Benefits Advice

If you have not been successful in your application for a Social Security Benefit or are unhappy about a benefits decision you have received, Moray Council’s Welfare Benefits Officers can guide and assist you through the process of challenging the decision. For further information see the Moray Council Website.

Citizens Advice Bureau

Offers advice on a range of issues and may complete a benefits check for you. Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Disability information and Advice Line (DIAL)

To find your local DIAL office, contact Scope, 6 Market Road, London N7 9PW Tel: 0808 800 3333

Disability Rights UK

Factsheets on benefits, tax credits and independent living from Disability Rights UK

Action for M.E.

Information and support for people with M.E. and their carers General enquiries: 0117 927 9551 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm). Welfare rights Line: 0845 122 8648 (times vary). Enquiries email: [email protected]. Website: Action for M.E.