Forres GP Practices

Close this search box.

Ask for help online. It’s simple, secure, and quick.

Rectal bleeding

Who do I see?



Please see the piles/haemorrhoids page if you are confident that the bleeding is coming from these.

For other cases of bleeding from the rectum, please submit an online medical consultation request for the GP Clinical Team giving us as much information about your problem as you can. We will respond usually with an offer of a suitable appointment with a GP or other clinician to assess your problem further.

If the bleeding is severe (defined by the NHS as spraying, pouring or enough to make a puddle or soak clothing) then it’s an emergency – call 999 or go to A&E).

If you cannot use the online service please call us on 0345 337 1120 and a member of the care navigation team will help you.