Forres GP Practices

Close this search box.

Ask for help online. It’s simple, secure, and quick.

Smoking cessation (help to stop)

Who do I see?

Community Pharmacy / NHS Grampian Quit Your Way (Healthpoint)


If you are ready to stop smoking, evidence shows that you have the best chance of stopping with support. You can access this in a few different ways, either;

  • At your local community pharmacy. Pharmacies can offer both support and medications to help you stop smoking.
  • From the NHS Grampian Quit Your Way service run by the Healthpoint team locally. Click the link for more information and to self-refer or call them on 08085 20 20 30.

You do not need to see a GP for a referral for either of these services and you can access methods of help including Champix (a medication to help a quit attempt) through the NHS Grampian Service.

National help and support is also available:

  • phone a Quit Your Way Scotland advisor on 0800 84 84 84

Quit Your Way Scotland is run by NHS 24 and is staffed by trained advisors who’ll be able to give you expert advice.

The service can help by: